Your Friday update

Good morning everyone! 

I will cut to the chase. M has decided to have the surgery done in Billings. Wednesday afternoon is the time of her appointment.  

After consulting the Doc in Philly, his feeling was that having the surgery in Billings was totally viable and was his suggestion.

M called the doc back in Billings and had a few more questions for him. All of which he answered.
Most importantly M wanted to know "what kind of music does he listen to while he is performing surgery?"    The answer: Punk Rock      I don't know anything about medicine but apparently your favorite genre of music indicates your prowess as a physician and to M, a doctor that listens to punk rock while doing brain surgery is a very clinically sound. I am learning so much. 

When compiling all the options, recommendations and opinions the arrows kept pointing towards Billings. We like the Doc a lot and have had some very good indications from folks that St Vincent's will do a great job. The benefits of being a nurse in Montana is that you know every other nurse in the state and if you don't know them, you know somebody who does. Its not what you know its.......you know the rest.

For now: M and I are at home in Bozeman. Visitors are welcome!  She still is having headaches and some stomach discomfort but overall doing well. Very anxious to get on with this. She has now named her tumor Gargamel. She is really really ready to kick Gargamel out!! 

In some ways disseminating this by a blog seems somewhat impersonal but please know that if you are reading this we are thinking of you,Specifically You! So we want you to know despite the general nature of a blog, pretend that we are talking to you face to face.  Thank you for your support and for the generous gestures of giving.  Everyone has offered to help in so many ways. That said tax season is upon us... any accountants in crowd?  Just kidding.

Look for an update Tuesday (2/5), that will be when we head to Billings.

Enjoy your weekend and enjoy the Super Bowl! 

Thanks again!

Matt

Comments

  1. I thought it might not be a tumor but a Troll - could be a Smurf but it would have to be blue so....Thanks for the updates and I am glad the doc listens to the right music. Love ya both

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I might have to have Matt figure out how to get the amazing photo of me dressed up as Smurfette for Halloween up on here somehow... Thanks for the reminder!

      Delete
  2. Matt, you are a fantastic writer and I know M is so happy you’re by her side. Can’t wait til Gargamel is out. Keep us posted and thank you for the updates. Much love your way!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the updates. Hugs to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sending love from Seattle! We'll be following along and rooting for the best outcome for M. 💗

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Em and Matt,

    You got this. And God's got your covered. I got you on a prayer chain. If anyone can handle it like a Pro...it's you...Pete and I are sending big hugs and we want to see you rock that hair cut sometime soon! Sending you lots of love and know you have big fans in Philly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So, if all continues to go along with the current plan, I should have surgery on Steph's birthday, get out of ICU for Heather's birthday, keep recovering for Granny Linda's birthday & hopefully to HOME for my momma's birthday. I don't typically do presents (I just don't like stuff for the sake of stuff), but this year I plan on getting all of you good/boring news to kick off your next circle around the sun. I couldn't be more grateful for all the support & positive energy flowing from the amazing people I'm lucky enough to have in my life- near & far. Matt has been amazingly patient & helpful & I'm super thankful he got this blog thing rolling.

    When Trenton mentioned it, I knew it was probably a good idea, but the second I sat down to even start I was completely overwhelmed by all of the little decisions involved in making it happen- not to mention that Matt is a better writer!

    I keep my phone on silent, in case I miraculously fall asleep in spite of high-dose steroids , a headache, & a solid case of the nerves, so feel free to be in touch (just know sometimes I won't get back to you- particularly starting Wednesday I'd bet.) In the meantime, I have been enjoying the distraction of technology. Ridiculous videos & stupid jokes are my favorite ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Also, my nursey neurosis makes patiently waiting pretty well impossible. I am also not known for my decisiveness. Thank goodness for the all-powerful network of nurses! Jes has been my neuro guru helping me with opinions & sharing info. from Philly. Piper & Merrill got all the thumbs up from ICU & OR nurses on this Dr. Ross character, so I'm feeling much more at ease with the Billings idea. It's just so nice to be closer to home for all this; I want to get home to my dogs, the chickens & my bed ASAP!

    Mom, Dad & Bro are all coming out for the big day & it's good to know I'll have them ALL here at once & they'll have each other while they play the dreaded waiting game (which is always the worst part. of surgery.)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

"The Smurf has conquered Gargamel!"

Another guest post from M